Lychee Rose Cupcakes
taken from evan’s kitchen ramblings.
ingredients (makes 24) :
1.5 cups self raising flour
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup ground almonds
250g butter, softened
2 cups sugar (i only used 1.5 cups)
1/2 cup milk
60ml rose syrup water (2 parts water to 1 part syrup)
1 tsp rosewater essence
24 pcs canned lychees
1. combine flours and ground almonds in a bowl. in another bowl, beat butter & sugar until light and fluffy, then add in eggs one at a time and whisk until combined.
2. add in flours in 3 additions, alternating between milk and rose syrup water. do not overmix. fold in batter until just combined.
3. spoon 1/2 mixture into cupcake liners, top with a lychee and pour in another 1/2 batter (total height should come up to 3/4 of liner).
4. bake in preheated oven of 170C for 20 mins or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
* for the raspberry cream cheese frosting, i combined cream cheese, butter, raspberry puree & sifted icing sugar according to taste.
- crowleyismyco-pilot likes this
- in-a-love-affair-with-food reblogged this from itssomethinglovely
- bluexwings likes this
- bellamusen likes this
- hvperdrive likes this
- chubbitotoro likes this
- alllifestreasures likes this
- meowdorimas likes this
- cupcakesuk likes this
- cupcakesuk reblogged this from itssomethinglovely
- caligulove likes this
- ashantiomkar likes this
- soontobeasexyhealthybitch likes this
- creepyacid likes this
- gleelovingeek likes this
- be-sweet-darling reblogged this from itssomethinglovely
- dontstoptherainx likes this
- lets-just-wait-a-moment likes this
- louisea101 likes this
- misha-colons likes this
- honey-bags likes this
- kittys-adviceblog reblogged this from itssomethinglovely
- pink-oceanss reblogged this from itssomethinglovely
- banana-bug reblogged this from itssomethinglovely
- ageofthebunnyslippers likes this
- datsparklewolf reblogged this from itssomethinglovely
- ohh-mah-gosh-asdfghjkl likes this
- itssomethinglovely posted this